December 6, 2009

The day when everything went wrong

I usually get up at 5 in the morning. I always have my alarm on but on that day, my alarm failed so I did not wake up at usual time and this caused many setbacks in my daily schedule. I woke up at 6 in the morning, one hour behind the schedule. After that I quickly prepared the breakfast and got my kids ready for school. Then I packed the lunch for my children. By that time it was already 7.30 in the morning and I had to get ready for work. I quickly served breakfast to my children and had a cup of coffee. Then I rushed into the bedroom and got dressed. When my children had finished their breakfast, it was already 8 O’clock and I had just 10 minutes to get to the school.

I quickly got my children together and drove them to school. By the time I got to the school, the bell had already rung and the students were rushing towards the assembly ground. I followed them without signing on the daily attendance register.

The assembly seemed longer than usual. After the assembly, I realized that I had left my day’s plan at home and I was due to get it signed from the principal that day. I mumbled and excuse and got in the class only to discover that one of the students had vomited in the class. I got permission from the principal and rushed the child to the hospital since the school bus was out of station and later I called the parents to pick up the child from the hospital.

By that time it was already lunch time and I couldn't teach even a single lesson. My class was substituted by some thoughtful friends (I am grateful to them for that). During the lunch, I couldn’t take anything due to stress. After lunch, the class resumed but again a boy rushed to me to inform that my daughter was sick and crying in the class. I quickly rushed to her class to find her all covered in sweat. She was having fever. I again rushed to the hospital. By the time the medical tests were done it was almost 4 in the evening. I called the office to inform that I was taking my daughter home. The fever didn’t subside until late in the evening. By that time I was completely exhausted and felt a little giddy only to realize that I hadn’t eaten anything that whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment