September 7, 2011

The big day draws near…


You can drag the horse to the river but you cannot force it to drink water”, I heard one of my colleagues remark. I couldn’t help laughing out loud since I was on the verge of similar outburst. I had been teaching dances for the class one students for about a month and they still couldn’t synchronize properly. There were some children were very fast at picking up the steps but the majority of them couldn’t even understand the rhythm and stamp their feet to it. A few days into the selection and I choose twelve of them for the concert and began their practice session.
They stayed back after the school hours and learned the steps. I sought help from my colleagues because I am not much of a dancer myself. After seeking help from my colleagues and learning steps from some video clips, my dancers are now almost ready for the big day.
Tomorrow is the dressed rehearsal and my dancers are really excited but I am feeling apprehensive. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that everything will turn out fine till the big day (the annual concert).

No comments:

Post a Comment