March 18, 2011

The mail


On the evening of 11th March 2011, I sat stunned as I watched the news on TV about the earthquake of 9.0 RC hitting the eastern shores of Japan. The news showed the horrifying footage of the things happening at the other end of the world - the world that held my other family; the family I had known for a brief period while I was visiting the place.

I quickly opened my mail box and wrote a message to the family, keeping my fingers crossed at the same time. I knew the time difference but I couldn’t sleep knowing that things were not right at their place. I kept looking sitting in front of the TV glued to it and it was past midnight when I got the mail. I heaved a sigh of relief when I learned that they were well. I sent silent prayers to the lord above for keeping my other family safe.

1 comment: