December 27, 2012

No entry


It happened to me when I was at Samdrup Jongkhar. I shared the compound with the Drangpon and we had policemen on duty (they usually took turn) assigned to the Drangpon who kept a vigilant eye on the gate. I had shifted there for a while but I didn’t know many residents there. I only knew my colleagues, who were reluctant to visit my place because they weren’t usually allowed inside the gate by the police on duty.


Once I was driving home from school. I took the U-turn towards my gate and honked but the policeman on duty didn’t open the gate. Instead he shouted from the watch tower “Nangna gay a mey” (There is no one inside).

I stopped my car and my son went to open the gate. Seeing that, the policeman came running. I had a hard time convincing him that I was trying to enter my own house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment