February 7, 2010

The lone figure

Every evening as I go for walk, I see a lone figure with a rosary on her hand. She is seen chanting "OM MANI PADME HUNG" and I can see that her devotion is eternal. She always occupies the same bench in the park and she is seen there no matter what time I choose to visit the place. I am inclined to go and share some words with her but I shy away thinking that I might be intruding her sanctuary.
I sometimes occupy the place opposite to her and watch her as she continues with her chanting and prayers.  Her wrinkled face looks very calm and her stooped figure tells me that she might be in her late 70s.
After my usual walk, I find my self thinking about her and wondering where she stays. Her presence in the park every time I am there is so mystifying that I wish to know more about her and  I tell myself that I will talk to her the next day  and...

No comments:

Post a Comment