July 4, 2022

My little angel

with your senseless giggles

you woke me up 

with your pink toothless smile

you saw me off 

with your dimpled cheeks 

you greeted me home


my little angel

my stress

and my anxiety

disappeared 

as soon as I held you

in my arms!


( that was what  I wrote seven years ago)


my lil one

Woke me up 

With greetings

Saw me off 

with laughter

Greeted me home 

with demands of cookies n candy 


My little angel

 a bundle of joy

My stress reliever

My reason for smile 

The warmth of my house

The core of my family 


(Written five years ago)

 

Today...

I wake her up

Sometimes with yell

Other times with whispers 

I drop her to school 

With lots of reminders

I pick her up 

Without any delays 


My little angel

Is still a bundle of joy

my stress reliever

 my reason to smile 

The warmth of my house

the core of my family


Neither more does she ask for candies 🍬 

Nor for the cookies 🍪 

she is mostly glued to her books 📚 

Or engrossed in her favourite TV show📺  

Or engaged on her phone 📱 


But she is always my inspiration 

With her never ceasing queries 

Filling the house with warmth  

laughter and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment